Monday, February 02, 2009

VISITS TO MIAMI

About every month I go to Miami for a weekend to visit my mother and work with my brother on anything that needs to be done there.


My mother's neighborhood used to be at the edge of the Everglades 45 years ago when my father bought the house. Now it is surrounded by new neighborhoods sprawling in all directions. This is a picture looking across the street from my mother's front door.


Here is my mother reviewing the latest library book I was reading at the time. I think it was Overtreated - by Shannon Brownlee - an interesting book. The Fort Myers Lakes Regional library branch is within biking distance for us and has excellent computerized inter-library search and hold, Internet access to all services, and even downloadable media and eBooks.


My brother and I often go to the nearby Latin American Grill for a Cuban coffee - a "cafecito". It is the smoothest, tastiest espresso ever. Above my brother is browsing the Web with his new iPhone.



This is an excellent restaurant for Cuban food. The portions are large and the prices are amazingly low for the quality you get.


No comments: